7 Things Your iPhone Can Do
So you’ve finally managed to buy yourself the latest iPhone. Exploring the new phone and setting it up could be the most exciting phase of living with this new addition to your life. It is very much like the honeymoon period, where you’d like to know and understand things, learn newer secrets and enjoy every bit of the companion’s presence.
To make this experience all the more exciting, we put together a list of things you didn’t know an iPhone could do. So, dive in, and allow us to take you through the surprising journey.
- Shake to edit: While making an edit in text or a picture, if you need to undo an error, all you have to do is shake the phone. A pop up will appear asking for a confirmation to undo the edit, click yes, and you’re done!
- Teach Siri pronunciation: Specifically for someone from an Indian origin, you might find Siri’s pronunciation of names and places peculiar. However, it is now possible to teach Siri the right pronunciation. Once your voice input for a particular word is taken, Siri will even re-confirm with a couple of choices in her own voice. Choose, whichever is most appropriate, and voila, you’ve taught Siri how to speak!
- Improve battery charging: Did you know that you could charge your iPhone twice as fast, if it was in airplane mode? Try this out this time, and see for yourself.
- Find lost-phone: iCloud comes with a lot of cool features, and finding your lost phone is certainly one of them. As a matter of fact, one can track down the location of a lost iPhone, even when it runs out of battery completely. So now, you can be completely worry-free, even if you lose your phone; just log into iCloud, and extract your phone’s GPS location.
- Voice commands: Siri is programmed to take automatic voice-commands to open email, read email etc. In fact, it can also take very specific commands such as “read the latest email”, or “read an email from Jack”. Siri is already trained to take your voice commands for these actions.
- Figure out battery usage: Find out which particular app is using up your phone’s battery and manage usage accordingly to maximize battery life. Here is how – Go to Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage. Battery usage displays your statistics, and gives details of how much power each active app is using up.
- Un-delete photos: Apparently, iPhones now come with built-in recycle bins. So, if you’ve deleted a file by mistake, all you have to do is scroll down in the album location, find the folder named – recently deleted, and un-delete them. There’s also an option to restore all your files at one go.
These are some interesting ways your iPhone is not just any other phone. These intricacies go beyond basic cool features like a brilliant camera or hundreds of new applications which every generation of iPhone flaunts. So, go ahead, check out these features and have fun with your iPhone!
Picture Courtesy- apple.com
by techtalks @TechTalks March 5, 2015 9:49 AM UTC