7 Ways To Use Your Smartphone To The Fullest
The smartphone today is one of the most valuable possessions one can have. With brilliant new applications tailor made for your needs, you can now do most of your offline activities like shopping, banking, reading, ticket booking, and bill payments sitting in the comfort of your home.
To help you make the most of it, here’s a quick list of seven ideas to use your smartphone to the fullest.
- Camera as a Scanner: You no longer have to carry around a bulky scanner, or run to the nearest photocopy shop, to scan your documents. With built-in apps that support most basic smartphones, you can convert your phone camera into a scanner. These apps also offer you options to export your scanned files as necessary, in different formats including picture files or PDFs.
- Stream and Share Live Video Content: Sharing music files and discovering videos on YouTube are activities of yesterday. Now, with smartphone apps, the latest trend is to stream event content online, so friends and family missing out on the actual event, still have a way to watch it. What’s more, they can do this live!
- Use Productivity Tools: Use your smartphone as an organizing tool. Use smart apps such as Evernote, Work-flow or Letterspace, that help you make task-lists, feed deadlines, manage calendar meetings and more, at the tips of your fingers, literally. You could also use these apps to manage projects at work, and complete them effectively, without hassle.
- Embrace the mobile workplace: With apps that integrate not just your personal email, but also email systems from your office across MS Outlook, or Lotus Notes, you can now receive and respond to emails in real-time. This helps you stay in better touch with office realities, whether or not you are actually present there, and makes the workplace more flexible and mobile.
- De-clutter documents and files: If you’ve already explored making lists and taking notes on your mobile phone, consider creating an online repository of all your important files and documents. These are then readily accessible, and can never really be lost. Plus, they could be a dependable backup, just in case you lose a document while traveling.
- Share location and stay safe: Security has been one of the most discussed issues of the fast-paced, round-the-clock work life today. We travel long distances and at odd hours. It is only fair to keep our loved ones informed of our whereabouts, and what else is a better option than to share exact location, at regular intervals. Several apps including our favourite chatting app – WhatsApp, now have a feature included to share accurate location quickly and instantly.
- Use your phone as a mouse: Thanks to the smartphone, we made away with the calculator, camera, pager, thermometer, voice recorder, video gamers, music player and many other devices. The next one going away is the mouse. Using apps like Monect, your phone now transforms into a mouse that can wirelessly connect to your laptop!
by techtalks @TechTalks March 5, 2015 10:04 AM UTC