How To Make Calls, Send And Receive SMS From Your Computer Using An Android Phone
With the launch of iOS 8 last year, it brought lot of new features along with it.
One of it is Continuity which allows the user to make and receive calls as well as send and receive text messages using the MAC or iPad provided the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and Apple ID.
Even the Android users are not left behind as there is an app called Airdroid. It can designate your android devices screen to the computer if your phone is rooted but dis allows you to receive any phone calls. This attribute is useful if you want to make use of any app of your android phone in your computer.
Best thing is you are not required to install any software rather you can control the phone using web client. You can use this app by just accessing its web page on your computer. Follow the below process for that.
- First install Airdroid on your android phone and launch it.
- You create an account or skip this process and go down to find out the Sign in button at the bottom. Click on the sign in button.
- It will ask you then for your permission to show the notifications of calls, SMS everything in your PC at real time.
- As you make it enable you will be forwarded to the system settings to access the notification. Hit the option ‘Airdroid Notification Mirror Service’.
- A pop up will be coming asking for the confirmation. Click ‘OK’ to confirm it.
- Now go back to the Airdroid app by clicking the back button and this app will show you a URL http://web.aridroid.com in your android device.
- Copy this URL and paste it to the any browser in your computer. A new web page will be opened and you will notice a QR code in the browser window.
- Go back to the phone again and hit the QR code image text in Airdroid that is located next to the URL. It will open the camera of your android phone.
- Now face the camera to the QR code of the browser window in the computer and it will scan the QR code. The Airdroid app will vibrate once as it completes the scanning process.
The process is completed. You will now have all notifications for all calls, SMS and you can also check the recent calls by going to the calls log option. All the apps of android devices such as camera, music, video, screenshot etc. will be now accessible on your browser window. You can listen to any songs, transfer songs, watch videos and take screenshots from your computer.
by techtalks @TechTalks September 21, 2015 10:28 AM UTC